Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

"Your Shield and Rampart"

"'Because he loves me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue him....With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.'"  (Psalm 91:16)

I memorized Psalm 91, along with several other Psalms, over 35 years ago when traveling behind the "Iron Curtain."  My first mission into Eastern Europe was over 42 years ago.  Open Doors at the time suggested that we not take a copy of the Scriptures into some of the countries, most notably Romania; therefore, memorized Scripture was our "Bible reading."

Psalm 91 has been a sustenance for Covenant People for millennia.  For me, the first verse's reference to, "the secret place," is relational.  It is dwelling in the Blessed Trinity, living and walking in Jesus Christ and His Words.  Only "there" can we be sure of, "the shadow of the Almighty."

Then we read that our Lord Jesus Christ is, "my refuge and my fortress....His faithfulness will be your shield and rampartYou will not fear....For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."  These Words alone should keep you and me today-------- and always.  "The Words of  God," is full of promises which are our, "shield and rampart."  May They/He be yours today.

Father, in Jesus'  Name, I continue to walk in Your, "faithfulness," my, "shield and rampart."  Amen.   

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive