Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

When "Black Days" Come, What?

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me in My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father in His throne."  (Revelation 3:21)

I am about half way through Revelation, but this text came back to me today as a glorious, uplifting encouragement, because this day is a black day memorial in my life.  48 years ago this morning, Stephen Paul Barnette left this life for our Eternal Home------ but I am still here, missing him as ever.  And I can tell  you that today's text is a very sobering reminder of what you and I just do not want to miss.

No one should be better prepared to face death than the one who has surrendered his life to Jesus Christ, "I am the Resurrection and the Life...."  I was listening to the book of Revelation the other day on a Bible program, the ESV audio; it has music playing in the background.  It seemed as though Jesus spoke to my heart and said that I need to listen to this audio of Revelation regularly, because, you see, "Jesus knows all about our struggles; He will guide 'til the day is done.  There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus: No, not one! No, not one!" 

As neither, "the day nor the hour," of our Lord Jesus' Second Appearing is known, we all need to be prepared for the day when we too will leave this life for our Eternal Home.  Do not allow the Enemy of our souls to take from you this great truth:  "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our Great God and savior Jesus Christ...." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, only You can keep me.  Thank You so much today for the, "wonderful Words of life."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive