Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 18, 2018

How Do You Want To Arrive?

"The Temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power...."  (Revelation 15:8a)

Someone once wrote that "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW!... What a ride!'"

This may be upsetting for some people, but not for me; it is exactly what I want for myself, and to be perfectly honest, for you too.  Is this not the "worker's" prayer?  Is this not for those, "who follow the Lamb wherever He goes"?  Is this not the classic, "going out with our boots on?!?"

This is in no way to minimize any pain and suffering in you or the world.  But somehow I believe that our long anticipated hearing of the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ, "Well done, good and faithful servant," is awaiting those whose lives are servant-lives, living for others, living and dying for and in Jesus Christ, closing our eyes with, "WOW!... What a ride!"

So, my friend, join in the heavenly chorus which is recorded earlier in Revelation 15, and know that this sojourn is brief, whether it be full of pain and suffering or little pain and suffering.  To be in, "the temple...filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power," is worth anything.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray I will say as I close my eyes, "WOW!...What a ride!"  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive