Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, June 4, 2018

"Eternal In The Heavens"

"For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." (2 Corinthians 5:1)

They tell us that most religions have some "belief" about an after life, and that the Followers of Jesus are no different; therefore, of no more significance.  This is the power of darkness attempting to get you and me to doubt the validity, truth of our text.

The older we get, the more we are aware that the body is deteriorating.  In the "modern era," no one has lived 147 years as did Jacob.  Billy Graham once said that "history is headed toward a dramatic climax"; so are you and I.  Our text is the Word of Jesus to you and me that even though this sojourn is short, "....we have...a house...eternal in the heavens", our glorious new body. 

As my Grandpa Barnette was passing from this life to the one, "eternal in the heavens", he told me that he saw it.  I shall never forget that.  Remember Jesus' Words," I am the resurrection and the lifeHe who believes in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I believe Your Words, not my inability to comprehend.  Amen.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive