Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

"Into Their Mind And...Upon Their Hearts" GLORIOUS

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel...: I will put My laws into their mind and write them upon their hearts...."  (Hebrews 8:10)

Every promise, covenant in the Bible is fulfilled in Jesus Christ.  Jesus Himself teaches us that the Law, the Psalms, the Prophets all speak of Jesus Christ Himself (Luke 24). 

The Living Triune God of the Universe was shrouded in mystery until Jesus appeared.  The speculations about God, the theories, theologies, however, were put to rest in the appearing of Jesus.  I share the verse which I have shared many times before in 1 Peter 1:21, "Through Him," Jesus, [we] believe in God...."  It is not through our ideas, philosophies, speculations about God, some church denominational "articles of faith."  It is only in Jesus Christ can one, "believe in God."  Attempt any other "way," and one ends in a hopeless mire.

Our text tells us something which is difficult to comprehend.  "The Word of God," Himself, Jesus, has a purpose for all humanity, for all who will surrender their hearts to Him.  In our text, "The Word of God," is telling us something of a miracle which is beyond my ability to comprehend, "I will put My laws," viz., all the, "Words of God," viz., the Bible, "into their mind and upon their hearts."  This perhaps puts a new perspective on the phrase, "receive Jesus into your heart" (John 1:12). 

All Our Heavenly Father has for a lost race, the race expelled from The Garden, all the commands, the promises, the "guide for living," are literally written, "into [our] mind and upon [our] hearts," when we say to Jesus, "Come into my heart." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cannot thank You enough for doing things in me which I cannot think possible.  I pray that my life will manifest to all that Your Words are, "into their mind and upon their hearts."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive