Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 21, 2018

"All The gods of the Peoples Are Idols"

"For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the Lord made the heavens."  (Psalm 96:5)

Cafepress sells bumper stickers for humanists.  One is a quote by Sinclair Lewis.  "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."  Another one says, "In God YOU trust.  The rest of us will decide for ourselves, thanks."  O, my, I just cannot get over such cleverness. 

"For all the gods of the peoples are idols...."  This means allah, budda, krishna, and all those "I'm-smarter-than-you" stickers.  Now I guess if I were to choose the "nice" route, and the politically correct route, I would not write such a thing.  But I choose neither.  I choose, "....But the Lord,"the Lord Jesus Christ, "made the heavens."  Serve The Maker, or the "made," it is humanity's choice.

The muslims accuse us Followers of Jesus as polytheists.  They have no concept that, "the Invisible God," has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ, Who is referred to in Colossians as, "the image of the invisible God."  Now if Islam or any other of the idol-serving religions choose a god who is "invisible," unknowable, aloof, that is to their confusion.  Jesus is God "coming to" the human race, saying as Isaiah says, "Here I am."  Invisible gods are unknowable.  Our God, Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit, desires so very much that humanity knows Him, receives Him, "Adam, where are you?"

You have undoubtedly seen the bumper stickers with the symbol of many of the world's religions.  The only thing that tells me about the owner is that he/she believes nothing.  I repeat that great passage of Paul to the Corinthians, "For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are may gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ through whom are all things, and through whom we live."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "Yet for me," is You.  Amen

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive