Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Are You Of, "The Wise," or, "Infants"?


"Father,...You have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infantsYes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight."  (Matthew 11:25, 26, NASB)

Our Lord Jesus tells us that the way into His Ways is through the, "infants," route, not, "the wise and the intelligent," route.

"Infants," or as the KJV says, "babes," do not ask why.  That comes soon enough.  "Infants," or babies, are receivers.  The older we get, however, just receiving, "The Word of God," is not sufficient.  Most need the "whys and wherefores."  Moreover, there comes not only the "why," but an attempt to explain to others and have others explain to us just what all of "this" means.  When it comes to our relationship in the Blessed Trinity, I would highly suggest the, "infants," route rather than, "the wise and the intelligent," route, that is, if we don't want, "You have hidden these things...."

Many times we miss opportunities to share Jesus with others because we don't think we can "do it right."  We look for just the right answer to their questions, or at least anticipated questions.  You can send copies of the television program, "Origins," to all of your, "wise and...intelligent," friends, but, alas, they will simply continue in their Darwinian blindness.  Our Lord Jesus teaches us that if people are going to believe, it will not be by some so-called "proof," e.g., someone rising from the dead.  All only believe when they believe Jesus' Words, as in, "In the beginning God...," and, "....
Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures."

To all of us, "infants," today, I send our much needed formula for "infants," found in the last couple verses of Matthew 11.  "Come to me, all who work to exhaustion and heavy laden, and I will give you restTake My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soulsFor My yoke is comfortable and My burden is light" (Jesus).  Remember, a baby does not ask how the formula or milk "work."  They only receive. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that the song for me should be amended many times from, "Just As I Am," to, "Just As I Was."  Amen.
*********************
* Israel:  April 17-24
* FHMP Briefing, June 2

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive