Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 29, 2018

"Unless...."

"Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." (John 20:25, Thomas, one of "The Twelve)

"Unless I see...."  Thomas was setting the "conditions" of faith--- bad idea.  This is a life style of "seeing is believing."  Conversely, what the  Bible calls, "the faith of Jesus," is "believing is seeing."  Our eyes will never be opened until our heart is opened. 

Now, make no mistake; the other disciples did not believe the report of the women any more than did Thomas.  They just were not so blatant in stating their unbelief as was Thomas.  It is very humbling to consider that everything you and I "believe" about the Gospel of Jesus, someone else told us.  That is a central purpose of the Bible, telling us what we don't know.

Thomas did not see, but others did see, and simply told him what they saw.  I did not "see" creation, but the, "Word of God," Who is the Creator, tells me, "In the beginning," He created.  I did not see the trial of Jesus, the beating of Jesus, the Via Dolorosa, Jesus' Death on the Cross, nor His Resurrection.  But some did, and have told me what they saw.  I believe them.

No one around you who is not following Jesus understands this.  Their words and their life style will "fight" against "Kingdom Living."  You and I have a choice every day, even several times a day, to decide how we will live.  Believe what we have been told by, "The Word of God," or believe, well, whatever else.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I believe You.  Amen.
**************************
* So far, we have 8 who are coming to the FHMP Briefing on June 2.
* April 17-24: Israel

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive