Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Second Horse of the Apocolypse

 
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

"When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, 'Come!'  Then another horse came out, a fiery red oneIts rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each otherTo him was given a large sword."  (Revelation 6, NIV)

Today my brother turned 68.  We spoke on the phone for over an hour, which is our wont.  At any rate, at one point we were discussing the current global situation, and I shared with him my impressions of my time in DC.  He mentioned that we could be in the era of, "a red horse."

I am no authority on such, but I read this recently online.  "The rider of the second horse is often taken to represent War (he is often pictured holding a sword upwards as though ready for battle) or mass slaughter.  His horse's color is red; and in some translations, the color is specifically a 'fiery' red.  The color red, as well as the rider's possession of a great sword, suggests blood that is to be spilled.  The sword held upward by the second Horsemen may represent war or a declaration of war....In military symbolism, swords held upward, especially crossed swords help upward, signify war and entering into battle.  The second Horseman represent civil war...."

One of today's readings was from 1 Corinthians 14.  Paul says, "I thank God that I speak with tongues more than you all."  Maybe not, "....more than you all", but I am thankful for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the realities mentioned in 1 Corinthians 14.  Events happening all over the Globe, and especially in the United States of America are a call to us for prayer, perhaps on a "scale" we have never known.  While I do pray some, "with the understanding," I find that what I am witnessing and perceiving in the Earth is keeping me in, "For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays...."  Perhaps we should all pray for more understanding on the phenomenon of, "the fiery red horse."

Father, in Jesus' Name, Help me to, "be ready in the day of Your power."  Amen.
 
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive