Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 23, 2018

I Had A Lot Of Scripture To Choose From

"I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the Words of His mouth more than my daily bread."  (Job 23:12)

The summer of '70 was the first time I ever read the Bible completely through.  It was in the KJV; no matter.  Desperation does not need the latest translation, explanation, exposition, Wow! teaching.  What a desperate soul needs is the Breath of God Himself.  So very many in Christendom give so little time, if any, to Godhead "respiration."

Maybe you already checked out because you have read and, in some cases, heard me say this so much.  It does not, however, change the power, deliverance, "so great a salvation," healing, sustaining, "God-Breathed," Words.  I used the word, "respiration," above.  The dictionary defines it as, "a process in living organisms involving the production of energy."  So, there you have it, exactly what Jesus tells us, "The Words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

Most people have some sort of Iphone, smart phone, etc.  It is free and easy to download any number of Bible programs.  One can at least listen to Jesus speaking almost wherever one goes.  Some Church-goers, however, give more time to Limbaugh, or music, or that favorite worship tape than they ever give to reading/hearing Scripture.  Wouldn't it be a "production of energy," better than coffee or that "power drink" to drink in, breathe in, "the Words of God"?!?  Nothing, I repeat, nothing in the universe can produce "energy" as can, "The Word of God," Jesus Himself.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Your "Divine Energy."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive