Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 8, 2018

"Wherever You Go"

"Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, 'Teacher, I will follow You where You go.'  And Jesus said to him, 'Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head....Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.'" (Matthew 8)

Notice with me first the many headings in Matthew 8:
    "Jesus Cleanses a Leper
    Jesus Heals a Centurion's Servant
    Peter's Mother-in-Law Healed
    Many Healed in the Evening
    Two Demon-Possessed Men Healed"
This is the Blessed Trinity "in action."  Here we see God, of Whom the Bible says, "....is love."  Jesus, time for everyone and anyone, any who would/do come to Him is surrender.

The Charismatic Renewal, however, was/is full of the "two-gods" people, not so much the ridiculous Old and New Testaments harangue, but in  "cherry-picking" deception.  What so many of these people (along with the "seeker friendly" folk) wanted/want is the healings, deliverances, worship, prayer, but not the subject of our text.  I repeat, Jesus heals, delivers, fellowships us in worship, prayer and other "means of grace."  But too many want the "goodies" without the, "Follow Me."  Jesus is the Lord, not I nor you.  We cannot say, "Teacher, I will follow You wherever you go", as long as it is not.......

We used to sing so many years ago, "He is Lord, He is risen from the dead and He is Lord."  But how many realized/realize what we were singing?  "I will follow You wherever You go"------------ with no exceptions.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that my life is the life of, "I will follow You wherever You go."  Amen. 


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive