Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, January 4, 2018

"....My Vindication Come[s] From Your Presence"

"Let my vindication come from Your presence...."  (Psalm 17:2a)

Whatever our state in life, this should be our prayer.  Our text is the "heart" of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The Word for, "vindication," literally means, "justice," from which we have the concept of, "justification."  Webster's defines "vindicate" as, "to free from allegation or blame," or, "to provide justification or defense."  The Bible declares the same principle, "Therefore, having been justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"-------- "from Your presence."

The Word for presence literally means, "face."  This is Biblical metaphor.  By that I mean that Biblical Theology teaches us that the glorious "news," the overwhelming "plan of salvation" means that the Blood of the Cross, the Blood of Jesus brings us forgiveness.  Moreover, by that forgiveness of sin we may/can receive the New Birth, thereby bringing us vindication (freedom "from allegation or blame, provid[ing]" freedom from sin.  When sin is "dealt with," the door to our hearts is open for the Living Triune God to dwell/live in us, "Behold, I stand at the door and knockIf anyone hears My voice and opens the door"---- what?  "I will come into him."  Here is, "the hope of glory," i.e., "Christ in you."  Always temper "presence," or "Thou art with me," or, "at my right hand," and other such Biblical language by, "I will come INTO him"/her.

Okay, now that we have the theological reminder, rejoice with me today that our, "vindication," our justification, justice comes, "from Your Face."  This is continual, abiding, "Your Face," viz., the Eternal, "Presence."  Biblical salvation is not just "say the sinner's prayer," or a moment in time, "born again," experience, then we run the rest of our lives.  Biblical salvation only comes to those who realize and walk in the wonderful reality, "My vindication come[s] from Your Face/Presence," and Yours only, continually----------- always.

Father, in Jesus' Name, may I "stand" before, "Your Face," continually.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive