Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Knowing Or Recognizing

"But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord; they do not understand His plan...." (Micah 4:12a, NIV)

People may not, "know the thoughts of the Lord",..nor, "understand His plan,.." but we can recognize them if we are open to Jesus, if we are open to the Holy Spirit, if our desire is to know our Father's purposes.

Mostly I can say that I do not have the "full grasp" of His, "thoughts," and, "His plan."  But I have experienced that many times I can recognize them.  I think the word "recognize" is better anyway.  The "well-I-know-what-God-is-doing" mentality has too much of the "leading" attitude about it, even a smugness.  "Recognition" has more of the idea that Jesus is Lord, Jesus is leading, Jesus is in charge.  He leads; I follow, or, I recognize.

It is not, "Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be known."  It is, "Thy will be done..."  Too many want to, "know the thoughts of the Lord", and, "understand His plan," before they are "done."  The reason is that they can't tolerate any uncertainty in life.  This is not faith.  This is a desire for some sort of "guarantee" that things will work out just fine, and I will know all of this before anything happens.  It is sort of like Peter saying to the Lord as he was about to step out of the boat, "I need some guarantee that this will work."  The only guarantee Peter had was the Word of Jesus.  And that, my friend, is all you and I need.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I eagerly do want to know Your, "thoughts," and, "plan."  But I accept such knowledge in Your time.  Amen.
***************************
Please continue to pray for Sarah.  It seems to be sciatica.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive