Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, April 6, 2017

"Christ Himself"

"I want you to know how hard I am contending for you....My goal is that [your] hearts may be encouraged, having been knit together in love.., so that [you] may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that [you] may know God's mystery, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (From Colossians 2:1-3, NKJV & NASB)

Here is part of our text in the Greek Interlinear: "of all riches of full assurance of understanding to knowledge of the mystery of God Christ."  So, you want to know, "God's mystery"?  Here it is: "Christ Himself."  How much "discussion," debate, even classes in universities and grad schools, would be eliminated if we all just accepted this most profound in simplicity, "God's mystery, Christ Himself."  Most debates, most arguments in life come from the refusal to accept the Bible.  Our text is very clear, "....God's mystery, Christ Himself, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

"My goal...."  If I can, I share this "goal" with the Apostle.  No matter how "feisty," how theological, how absent of cute and clever story illustrations, "My goal is that [you] may be encouraged in heart."  And for me, the only "way" to, "be encouraged in heart," is in, "Christ Himself, in Whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Father, in Jesus' Name, You have provided all I need.  Amen.

 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive