Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I Could Have Chosen Other Texts Today, But.....

"Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." (John 7:17, NIV)

So there you have it.  "....find out whether," comes from, "choos[ing] to do the will of God...", not from all the religious activities which we have invented to, "....find out...."

In a world of "How do I know?" comes the answer.  Humanity has attempted through the centuries to, "find out," by discussion, writing and reading books, conferences, seminars.  Our Lord Jesus tells us here that, "....to do the will of God...", is the answer to our questions. 

I can read book after book on the "how to" of life.  But it is, "Anyone who chooses to do the will of God...", who, "will find out...."  There just may be an "answer" to your question today which is awaiting, "choos[ing] to do the will of God...." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray my "choosing" will always be Your will.  Amen.
***********************
New article at:        jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive