Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, November 10, 2016

"....Spurn the Work of Your Hands"? Never

"Does it please You to oppress me, to spurn the work of your hands, while you smile on the plans of the wicked?"  (Job 10:3)

Each day's Bible reading for me is as though I wake up to a well prepared breakfast and vitamin shot.  If, "the words of God," are not so to you, "take a deep breath" and think/pray again.  To quote a 1975 American Express commercial, "Don't leave home without them."

Well, President-Elect Trump's first "act" as President seems to be his invitation to the Israeli Prime Minister, Netanyahu, to visit him in the White House, or even sooner.  I cannot tell you how refreshing this is, especially since the American public was dominated by those who, "smile on the plans of the wicked."  Jesus told Abraham, "I will bless those who bless you."  Okay; let's see what the Lord Jesus does now.

Everyone at one time or another has felt as Job in today's text.  The righteous are sick, while the unbelievers around them are healthy.  The righteous are struggling financially, while the wicked are "wealthy."  We hold Jesus' Principles dear, while, "the plans of the wicked," seem to be the rule of the day in most cultures.  This has been the United States of America for the last 8 years, and, I can contend, much longer.  It has just seemed as though the "smile" was on the wicked.  I personally believe, though, that this past election in the US was a Divine repudiation of the wicked, humanist arrogance. 

I cannot say that Donald Trump is "righteous."  I can say, however, that so many of those who opposed and oppose him on so many issues politically are of the, "wicked."  For those of us who have felt "oppressed" in our host cultures, You and I can say that Jesus Christ never did, and for sure now, does not, "smile on the plans of the wicked."  He has wiped the, "smile o[f] the plans of the wicked," from their faces.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Your "visible" Smile.  Amen.
***********************
Please make a not of the "News, Commentary Blog:   jhs58.blogspot.com
I don't always note it here.  Also, if you prefer the devotional Blog format, make a not of its address: 
I have sent about 4 articles just today to your email address; sorry for the overload.  If you wish to receive my "take" on current global events, then please make a note of the Blog address:  apfdevotionals.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive