Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 8, 2016

"Wait[] Patiently" Has A Great "Reason"

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry."  (Psalm 40:1)

This was literally fulfilled in my life 46 years ago.  And Jesus Christ, "....Who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own Blood," Who declared, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," Whom the Bible declares is our, "....merciful and faithful High Priest,...the Faithful Witness..., Faithful and True...," was/is just all of These, "God-Breathed," Words Personified to and in me.  You and I can, "wait[] patiently," because Jesus is, "Faithful and True."  Praise Him.

"I waited patiently for the Lord...."  I cannot always say this.  I have, however, striven to live this way.  Now the reason you and I can wait, "patiently for the Lord," is that, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth" (Psalm 145:18).  Jesus may not "jump" every time we make demand-type prayers, nor do what we ask when we ask, on our timetable.  But our Lord Jesus Christ, remember, "Is a very ('muchness, abundant') present (can be translated, 'enough') Help in the time of trouble."  This and only this is the reason "patience is a virtue."

Today, you and I have the Fruit of the Holy Spirit called, "patience."  We do not always manifest such, though some do more than others.  "But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing" (James 1:4).
*********************************
* I DEPART FROM JOHNSTOWN AT 09:30, tomorrow, 9/9/2016.  Appreciate any and all prayers for my service in and to the Church in Central California
* See who and what has invaded Buffalo, New York at:    jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive