Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Faith--Noun Or Verb

"....Faith is...."  (Hebrews 11)

I will be participating in a Bible study tonight with the Church here.  They have been studying in the Book of Hebrews.

I have noticed for years now that the 11th chapter reveals faith as primarily a verb, not a noun.  Noun faith is static faith.  Verb faith is action, do-something faith.  If my faith is a noun, then I will be a noun, a description, an identification, but a stagnant, confessing and declaring non threat to the Kingdom of Darkness.  If, on the other hand, my faith is Hebrews 11 faith, then I will be a doer, not a talker.  "By faith, Abraham...went out, not knowing where he went," but he still, "....went out...."  Okay, that's enough conviction for me today.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for Your revelation which is Your Word, not mine.  Amen. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive