Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 12, 2016

"He Pleased God"

"By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, 'and was not found, because God had taken him'; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God." (Hebrews 11:5)

The only people I can find in the Bible who, "pleased God," are those who obeyed God.

Do we want to know what it "takes" to have the same epitaph as Enoch?  Obey Jesus Christ, not only in the, "Thou shalt not," but also in the, "Thou shalt."  Remember the young man who said to Jesus, "All these things I have  kept from my youth."  Jesus gave him a sobering Word, "One thing you lack...." 

It is a well known fact that people who claim that they "know the Lord," or are, "born again," or are "prophetic," who see thousands saved and healed may, nevertheless, may not, "please[] God."  We all know the "famous" ones, but there are thousands who no one knows what they do, as our Lord Jesus describes, "in secret."  Don Basham's book, True and False Prophets, is perhaps the most revealing on this sad reality.

It is a most sobering "revelation" in Scripture.  People please the Living Triune God of the Universe when we walk in obedience, the "do not" and the "do."  I call upon you and me today to, as Paul told the Corinthian Church, "examine yourselves."  It is called living a life style of repentance, what David prayed and we should all pray regularly, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me,..and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  May I say, "the way of obedience?"  Amen.

******************
See what German Intel has revealed at:        jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive