Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"....A Good Word Makes...Glad"


"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." (Proverbs 12:25, ESV)

The Interlinear says, "Heaviness in the heart of man makes it stoop, bow down."  But what does, "a good word," do for that heavy heart?  "Makes him glad, rejoice."  I really do hope and pray that I can be this for you. 

You and I pass people every day, sometimes they may be right in our own homes or places of business, whose hearts are weighed down by anxiety, heaviness.  O, I know that sometimes people can really exasperate us, try our patience and cause us to want to lash out at them.  But may Jesus help us always to remember that they may be going through a pain which if we really knew it, could make our hearts heavy also.  Anyone you and I encounter today just could be a heart weighed down by anxiety and heaviness.  You and I have, "a good word."  Father God help us to deliver.

"Heaviness," what a description of a sad, anxious heart.  I don't know if you have ever been "there," but you know as well as I do that, "a good word," which can be, yes, an encouraging word from us, something kind, compassionate, encouraging, yet is ultimately and supremely the, "Good Word... of God].  It is not some religious spirit of throwing out Bible texts, but rather, "words of  God," passed on from someone on whose heart and in whose mind are written those very, "words of God."

O, Father, in Jesus' Name, let me please be always a person with, "a good word," for everyone, anyone.  Amen.
**********************
* Please pray for:
    Our Berlin Mission, October 5-27, 2016
    My time with churches in California, September 9-18
    Preaching July 24 in our local church

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive