Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 18, 2016

"I Have Nothing To Add To What I Have Already Said." (Judgment At Nuremburg)

"Lord, You have been our dwelling place (refuge) in all generationsBefore the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."  (Psalm 90:1, 2)

Every month when I read our text, I realize again that the awesomeness of the Blessed Trinity is just very simply beyond, way beyond me, "from everlasting to everlasting, You are God," and I can repeat, "from everlasting to everlasting, 'to everlasting to..........'"

I have referenced before my Dad's preaching in a "Good Friday" service in McKeesport, PA.  I had never, nor still have never heard a message about the Cross of Jesus as that message.  My Dad had faults and weaknesses, and, if you have someone you admire who does not, stop admiring him/her.  You are living what Bonhoeffer called a "wish dream", translated, "They don't exist."  Yet someone, concerning the Cross of Jesus, who can "bring it's scenes before me," is of more value to me than gold or silver.  Yes, the Cross is still shrouded in mystery, but I am so thankful for those who can at least shed a little more light on Jesus' Shed Blood and Death and Resurrection. 

The psalmist here tells us something which we cannot understand in our time/space mind.  If a person attempts to "figure out" God or, "His ways," they will live in frustration and despair.  On an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond," his daughter asked him, "Why did God put us here."  One of Ray's attempted answer was, "Because Heaven was crowded."  Now just remember, if you or anyone else attempted to answer this question, the response would be just as absurd.

Hebrews 11 tells us of people just like you and me who dealt with the same, "glass darkly," but they pressed on through "many dangers, toils, and snares," and "kept going," kept pressing, "into the "Kingdom of the Son of His love," Jesus, until they reached that "golden shore."  So too, may you and I.  "I Stood At Calvary" the hymn writer said.  The song does not try to "explain" what he "saw"-- of course, not.  All one can do is, "having done all, to stand," and rejoice, and worship.  "Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."  Today, I just "leave it there."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "You Are God."  That's all I need to know.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive