Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"Joy To The Word, The Lord Has Come"

"Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench." (1 Kings 18:38, NIV)

Sometimes things do not seem to be too "nice" in the Bible.  One of my Psalms today said that in the face of man's conspiracy to throw off the reign of Jesus in his life, "The One enthroned in Heavens laughs."  In 1 Kings 18, Elijah mocks mercilessly the haters of the Blessed Trinity.  But in the "laughter" and "mocking," there was surely heartbreak.  Could there be something here of, "It would be funny, if it weren't so tragic"?

It is, in fact, most sad when people live as though they are in control of their lives, and political leaders can just continue to rule as humanist czars while all along they reject Jesus, His Church, His Kingdom reign.  Father has said, "I have installed My King on Zion, My holy mountain."  Jesus is King; Jesus reigns.  So too, the "fire" will fall from the, "Holy Mountain," upon all who reject the reign and Words of Jesus.  Whatever the reality of Hell, "the judgement seat of Christ," the judgments mentioned in Matthew 25, it is most disturbing to know that the wicked will perish forever from, "the presence of the Lord."  And not just individuals, but nations too will experience this.  Jeremiah saw in a vision, "I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, and all its cities were broken down at the presence of the Lord, by His fierce anger."

The only safe place for you and me is the place of obedience in Jesus and under the Blood of Jesus.  I cannot speak any longer in certainty about the details of the coming judgment, who will escape, who will not.  I fear that too many "born-againers" may be in great danger these days.  Their lives are built more on their "confession," their "right thinking," than on the "works" of which Jesus speaks.  The foolish women, the unjust steward, and the goat nations of Matthew 25 were not judged by what they "believed" or said.  They were judged by what they did---------- nothing. 

I want to live my life in, "the fear of the Lord," not in the groupie, "shibboleth," of the "spiritual people."  Jesus said, "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour," and I fear there is much more of which so many, "know neither...."  What we do know of certainty, however, is that Mary did, "bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins."  In this Advent Season, the Church celebrates this reality.  I am unsure of some things of which I used to be so sure.  I am not, though, unsure of Jesus, Who He is, what He has done and continues to do.  Jesus is my Certainty and Peace.  Apart from Jesus there is neither.  As Psalm 2 says, "Kiss the Son, " today.  When we do, we know, "My peace...with you."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that in the midst of an uncertain world, You are not.  Amen.
*******************
Will be heading to DC this month.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive