Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"....Senses Exercised"

"But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." (Hebrews 5:14)

The only, "solid food," is the, "words of God," not my devotional, not that great preacher's words.

The only way to "have...senses exercised to discern both good and evil," is to be full of the, "solid food," which is, "The Word of God," Jesus Christ and His Words.  "....To discern both good and evil," is not a natural trait.  It is only the product of, "solid food."  A person who "operates in the gifts of the spirit" yet is not totally committed to the, "God-Breathed," Words is a false prophet.

My latter New Testament reading for today had me in Hebrews 5.  I decided, however, to read the whole book at one sitting.  My Dear Lord Jesus Christ, what a powerful experience; nothing like it.  I read the words and listened to a reading of the words at the same time, "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it...." (Revelation 1:3, NIV)  I cannot recommend it too highly.  I heard a missionary once say that when God puts "something on your heart, no matter what Scripture you start with, you always end up at the same place"-------- got me.  I love, "the Words of God," because Jesus, Word of Father, and His Words saved my soul, not just in the New Birth, but my whole life.  Too many of the days of my life I did not realize it; 45 years ago, however, I did.

What about you today?  If, "Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside" are not founded, rooted in His Words, one is in danger of false "blessings."  And no matter what seems to be one's "natural ability to read people," if he/she does not, "have their senses exercised," in, "solid food," they are headed for catastrophe.  Just look at the American population, religious and non religious alike.  America is becoming more and more a nation of stupid people, and when you read the Bible, you see the definition of "stupid."  In the Bible we see a biography of those individuals and people groups who reject, "solid food."  They are as those who advised a leader of old, "The advice of [his] wisest advisers has become stupid...."  We can feed the hungry, give to the poor, spend billions on "relief," but if people will not eat the, "solid food," they will die.

"But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil." (ESV) 

Father, in Jesus Name, thank You for, "solid food."  Amen.
*********************
Article which addresses the event of the recent policeman/student confrontation:  jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive