Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 20, 2015

"My Error Remains My Concern Alone."

"If it is true that I have gone astray, my error remains my concern alone."  (Job 19:4, NIV)

This may not register with the "spiritual" among us, but there is a sobering truth here.

Interesting response here.  Could this be a sort of, "Get out of my face?"-- possibly.  But we know at the end of the Book of Job his three friends receive rebuke from the Lord God.  He then tells Job to pray for them.  Could the response of Job in our text be an indication of his perception of the "spirit" in which his friends were "advising" him?  This does not, however, alter the reality of input from the Brethren.  But we just always need to be very careful of our motives and realize that so much of the time our perspective on any given situation is, at best, limited.

Job is not denying that he may, "have gone astray."  But there is truth in the statement, "my error remains my concern alone."  I get an indication from the Interlinear that there is an idea concerning whatever in our lives, "ha[s] gone astray," lodges with us, stays with us, at least until we have done something about it.  We can receive input; we can see where we, "have gone astray."  But the, "error remains," until we do something about it, obey the revelation of Jesus on it.

Jesus' Blood is the forgiveness and cleansing for all sin.  But going astray is not necessarily sin.  We can see this from Paul in his missionary journeys when he "missed" guidance.  But, again, it is ours to change course.  The Bible is full of examples of this.  Perhaps when you read, you may want to look for such.  They can be great encouragement to all of us who, "have gone astray," and that, my friend means all of us.  Do not ever say, "Well, God makes no mistakes," when referring to yourself.  He doesn't but we have, and do.  "....The error remains mine alone."

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to walk in the truth of, "the error remains mine alone."  Amen. 
********************
Shelly's surgery went well, now recovering.  Thanks for any prayers, and we will appreciate any more.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive