Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, February 14, 2015

He Cares

"So they put away the foreign gods from among them and served the LordAnd His soul could no longer endure the misery of Israel....He turned the sea into dry land; they went through the river on footThere we will rejoice in Him," or, (NASB) "There let us rejoice in Him!" (Judges 10:16; Psalm 66:6)

I know this is Saturday, and I usually don't send a devotional, but as I read these texts earlier, I thought of those whom I know who are going through great trial.  To all who trust Jesus, there is an end to, "the misery."  Likewise, notice the Psalm text.  When God's people, "went through the river," it was, "There we will rejoice."  Or, as the NKJV says, "There let us rejoice in Him," not on the banks or when we reach the other side.  It is, "There," right in the middle of, "misery," in the middle of everything and anything, "we will rejoice." 

Job said, "If a man dies, will he live againAll the days of my struggle I will wait until my change comes."  Job looked to Jesus as did Abraham (John 8).  Jesus is not indifferent to you and me.  You and I are a part of the Covenant People, as Romans teaches us, "of Israel."  Your time is coming, friend.  Though it may seem He cares little or not at all, Jesus cares.  The song writer said long ago,
    "His Heart is touched with my grief,"
    When the days are weary, the long night dreary
    I know my Savior cares."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for all who are in, "misery," today.  Give them strength to wait for their, "change" and, "could no longer endure the misery."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive