Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 28, 2014

Something "Blacker" Then "Black Friday"

"Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness." (1 John 3:4, NASB)

Every quarter when I read 1 John 3 I am struck with the reality of sin and how much the Blessed Trinity hates sin.  Verse 8 tells us, "....the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning.  The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil."  Here we see that sin is, "the works of the devil", and Father does nothing less than, "destroy (those) works"...; and why not?  Sin destroys you and me, and Father will not permit anything which destroys His Children.  He, "was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself," to free us from the slavery of sin as well as forgive our sins.

1 John 2 tells us plainly Jesus' purpose for us, "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin."  Yes, He goes on to say there is forgiveness, "if anyone sins," but there is a very real sense, "that you may not sin," is equally important as the forgiveness of sins.  Sin does something in you and me that forgiveness cannot erase. Yes, we have fellowship in the Godhead, but the damage is done.  Sin destroys something in us any time we yield to temptation.  We will sin, but we must do all we can, draw upon all the Grace of Jesus to stop the cyclical, "practices sin...."  We do not worship it away.  We do not pray it away.  And no one can preach it away.  We can only stop it away.   

I have no doubt that in modern Christendom sin is taken far too lightly.  The Bible teaches us that those who, "practices sin," are, "sinners against their own souls."  We not only sin against God, but also ourselves.  I know most do not hear this today.  I just pass on to you what I have been reading, and what I have been reading are the very, "Words of God," the Words which are, "God-Breathed." 
   
    "Breathe on me, breath of God,
    Fill me with life anew,
    That I may love what Thou dost love,
    And do what Thou wouldst do.
   
    Breathe on me, breath of God,
    Until my heart is pure,
    Until with Thee I will one will,
    To do and to endure.

    Breathe on me, breath of God,
    Blend all my soul with Thine,
    Until this earthly part of me
    Glows with Thy fire divine.
  
    Breathe on me, breath of God,
    So shall I never die,
    But live with Thee the perfect life
    Of Thine eternity."-------
In Jesus' Name, Amen.   
***************
Another perspective on the Ferguson Riots @:    jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive