Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, October 2, 2014

"The gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh"

"It is a difficult thing that the king requests, and there is no other who can tell it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh."  (Daniel 2:11)

"....the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh."  This belief is common among the world's religions.  What the Chaldeans said of, "the gods," is true of Allah, true of all the gods of all the religions of man.  This is the reason depression, along with fear and despair, rules in the hearts of most people today.  Their god, "is not with flesh"; therefore, they can do nothing for them.  Yet Daniel said in effect to those whose gods were not with them, as he would say to all today, That may be true of, "the gods," but not of The God, my God.

"The Alpha and Omega," the One Who calls Himself, "I Am", the Living Triune God, revealed in Jesus, is not only, "with flesh," He is in the flesh of all Who have surrendered their lives to Him.  He is Jesus, Immanuel, "God with us."  He is our, "very present help in trouble."  Do you see today the most wonderful news of all?  He Whom no one had seen, revealed Himself in Jesus of Nazareth, "the carpenter's son."  Now, right there where you are and here with me, is the Blessed Trinity, the Living Triune God, Creator and Sustainer of the Universe.  And of what does He remind you and me today?  "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You are not of, "the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh."  Reign in me today.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive