Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"....I Write to You, So That...."

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sinAnd (even) if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."  (1 John 2:1)

"....
that you may not sin," is the objective of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He died that, as Romans 6 declares, "....sin shall no longer have the dominion over you...," i.e., no longer rule us, no longer dictate our daily lives.  Yes, the Holy Spirit goes on to tell us, "And if any man sin...."  But no one should ever get it in "reverse."  Again, the objective is, "that you may not sin."  Why?

Well, there are various reasons I suppose which we could cite.  But the main reason is that is hurts us, even destroys us, others, and our relationship in the Living Triune God.  Our Heavenly Father wants what is best for you and me.  Holiness/sanctification is what is best for us.  It is perfect spiritual health.  Don't you want that for yourself?  Sin destroys relationships.  Sin destroys nations, "Righteousness exalts a nations, but sin is a disgrace to any people."  This is no less true of you and me.

There is no greater promise in Holy Writ than the promise later given to us in the chapter.  "Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the FatherAnd this is the promise that He has promised us---- eternal life."  This, "eternal life," is Jesus Christ, He in me, and I in Him, washed in His Precious Blood.  Jesus is our "Sin-Destroyer."  Jesus is our, "Advocate with the Father."  When sin rears its ugly head in me, I have confidence, not in my attempt to make it right, but in my Advocate, Jesus.

I want to share one more thing I saw today in 1 John 2.  This is for the "politically-correct"-enslaved, egalitarians out there.  "Who is a liar(?)...he who denies that Jesus is the Christ".  He is antichrist who denies the Father and the SonWhoever denies the Son does not have the Father; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also."  Selah.
 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray with the psalmist, "Behold, I long for Your righteous; revive me in Your righteousness."  Amen.
*******************************
* You are welcome to join me any time in DC, September 17-21


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive