Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Redeemed...In Peace From The Battle"!

"He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me [so that none came near me], for they were many who strove with me."  (Psalm 55:18, Amplified Bible)

More and more I am encountering the, "Words of God," in such a way that I am concerned that anything I say about them may be a detraction.  As is His Person, "The Word of God," is so beautiful and, well, what can human tongue or pen express?  Our text is just so rich in comfort, encouragement, empowerment.  Jesus has, " redeemed my life in peace from the battle," i.e., everything out to destroy me, "the Evil One," myself, sin/rebellion.  By and in His Blood, Jesus saves, heals, delivers, redeems, and we can add any other theological words which attempt to describe the marvelously Finished Work--"It is finished"--of Jesus Christ.

But what blessing today as I read our text, "He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me...."  These words just taste so good.  All which I mentioned above is included in, "the battle that was against me," against you, against all humanity.  The word translated, "redeemed," means, "Ransom, redemption price."
  This is the Blood of Jesus, the Cross of Jesus.  Now our text says, "for they were many who strove with me."  Indeed there are; more than can be numbered, and you have probably encountered some of them already today.  But the promise is to you and me and to as many who, "call upon the Name of the Lord Jesus."  You and I have been, "redeemed...in peace from the battle that was against [us]," and in such a way, "so that none came near me"!  Now someone may say, "How can he say that, since so much of, "the battle," is all around.  I don't claim much revelation here, but I can say, however, that I rejoice in and receive this great promise.  There is a protection promised here, and such promise/declaration which should release a shout of victory, "in the camp."  I repeat, "He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me [so that none came near me], for they were many who strove with  me."

And, Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You so much for these marvelous Words.  Amen.
***********
Extended Mission in Washington, DC, this Fall


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive