Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Their rock is not like Our Rock."

"He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps."  (Psalm 40:2)

He did, and still does.  When our son died, and I was in "the Slough of Despond," the pit of despair, Jesus, "....set my feet upon," Himself.  As the Bible says, "He is The Rock, His work is perfect..., the Rock of [our] salvation.., the Rock who begot you....Their rock is not like our Rock."  I can only say, Amen and Amen.

But, "Our Rock,"
Jesus, Who is not like, "their rock," clothed Himself in humanity when he was born of the virgin.  He was/is eternally with and in Our Father.  But in the incarnation, He became a baby, adolescent, then adult.  The Bible tells us, "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin."  We sometimes take this truth too lightly.  I have heard people say, "You just don't understand," or, "Nobody understands."  Yes "They" do.  The Blessed Trinity, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit "understand," and more.  They have experienced our deepest pains and suffering, rejection, heartaches, lonliness, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"  Yet in and through it all, He triumphed over the suffering and struggles of life.  And, "He brought us out that He might bring us in," into Himself, His, "many mansions," His eternity, His, "Eternal life." 

Maybe today you need a lift, "out of the miry clay."  Sometimes this describes what we go through, doesn't it?-- "a horrible pit,..the miry clay."  Yet no matter how deep, how shackling it may seem, "look" nowhere else, "Their rock is not like Our Rock."  Jesus, "Our Rock," is He Who alone can, "establish."  Jesus, "Our Rock," alone can, "put a new song in my mouth-- praise to our God."  I pray for you and me that as Psalm 40 subsequently says, "Many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord," Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray this anew today.  Amen.
********************
A friend of ours received a prophetic word which was "clothed" in urgency.  Please pray for our upcoming mission that we hear, "the Word of the Lord," in this. 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive