Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 27, 2014

"See, I Come Quickly"

"And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb."  (Revelation 22:1)
If I may add my opinion of the Bible O:-), what an absolutely marvelous closing to the
, "Words of God."

At one chapter a day, it takes me 86 days to go from Philippians 1 to Revelation 22; so here we are, the last book of the Canon.  Please take a brief journey with me through these marvelous "last words" of God to us.
Verse 2:     "The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Verse 3:     "There shall no longer exist there anything that is accursed (detestable, foul,                      offensive, impure, hateful, or horrible...." (Amplified)
Verse 4:     "They shall see his face...."
Verse 6:     "These words are faithful and true."
Verse 7:     "See, I come quickly!" (Phillips)
Verse 12:   "See, I come quickly!"       "
Verse 13:   "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and                     the End."
Verse 16:   "I, Jesus,..am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning                     Star." (NIV)
Verse 17:    "And the Spirit and the bride say, 'Come!'  And let him who hears say,                             'Come!'  And let him who thirsts comeWhoever desires, let him take the                     water of life freely."

You know as well as I do that there is so very little talk in the modern church of the "after life," or of that which Paul describes in Romans 8, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."  I thought I share with you a little of that.  I can still see the look on my Grandpa Barnette's face, when his last words were, "The other side is looking better."  I can say with the song writer, "What a day that will be...."  It will.  The "through many dangers, toils and snares" of which Newton wrote will be worth it; yes, they will.  If we believe/accept these, "Words of God," our life can be full of such anticipation, such longing expectation, such, "joy unspeakable and full of glory."  Jesus is coming, my friend--------------- and we are "going"!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I certainly do not deserve what You have prepared for me, but I do so thank You.  Amen.
**********************
* "Our idea of God is not God.  Instead, we ought to begin with God's idea of God, and God's idea of God is Christ."  (Jones)

* New prophetic articles at:    jhs58.blogspot.com
* Please remember to pray for our May mission.  We are not sure Sarah will be able to go with me.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive