Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, March 3, 2014

People Willing To Do Anything to Live, Probably Will--- Do Anything

"Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it."  (Luke 17:33, NIV)

When we came to Jesus, He said, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me."  It was/is not, assert himself, and take up his life-preserving pursuit, and "follow my dream."

Our text was yesterday's Gospel reading.  It never quite dawned on me before that this passage was not only a warning concerning the "last days," but a principle for life in general, for all people, not just the religious.  As a citizen of a nation which has become a slave to political correctness, a nation becoming more and more dominated by people who do not like this nation, and are willing to sell out to foreign interests so that they can keep the price of oil down, and/or prevent another 9/11/2001, I am seeing the ongoing fulfillment of our text.  If religious people do not discard the "Sunday school" interpretations of the Bible, there will be little practical help for Christendom in the coming days.  Incidentally, as an example of our text's principle, I posted on my Facebook page that people who are afraid to die will always be the slaves of those who are not.  Political correctness is a symptom of this.  What is going on right now in the Crimea is a very dangerous illustration of this. Another thought-- Do you realize that the only reason D. B. Cooper pulled off that 1971 hijacking was that people were afraid of death.

You and I have not seen the last of barbarism.  I think when I was younger, I thought we had.  But then I began to study European history, later hijackings and other terroristic activities, e.g., suicide bombings revealed what people can do if they do not have a, "keep your life," mentality.  Revolutions throughout human history were carried out by people who were not afraid to die for their beliefs or/and desires.  This is true of you and me in our commitment to Jesus Christ.  You and I both know that the reason we are not better, "fishers of men," is that we are afraid, afraid of what people will think, and even do.  This is, "keep their life," living.  Sharing Jesus, by life-actions and word testimony will cost us; you know that.  But remember; "whoever loses their life will preserve it."  This is not some ministerial hype.  This is from the very Throne Room of Heaven.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I want to, "preserve," my life; therefore, instead of keeping it for myself, I surrender it anew today to You.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive