Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"Harbored In Jesus"

"I am the door....I am the door....I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly....I am the good shepherd....I am the good shepherd....I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My handMy Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's handI am My Father are one." 
(From John 10)


Notice that you and I are in Jesus' and Father's hand, and no one or nothing will never ever have the power to get us out of that "position" in the Godhead.  Also, notice the repetition, "I am....I am....I am....I am...."   

In our text and elsewhere in the Scriptures, "I am," dominates Who Jesus Is.  Bible Theology is rooted in, "I Am, that I Am."  God did not tell Moses to tell the Hebrews, "I give, that I give," had sent him.  Yes, our God is the Giving God.  But what He gives is Himself in Jesus Christ.  God, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit Is, "I Am."  When a person says to the Lord God, "I need," I think God's response is, "I Am, that I Am."  I need comfort, "I Am, that I Am."  I need provision, "I Am, that I Am."  The "list" is endless. 
 

Again, right now, right there (and here) is your/my, "Door," our, "Good Shepherd," our, "abundant Life," and no one will never ever be, "able to snatch [us] out of [Jesus'] (and) Father's hand." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You for all You are to me, my Ever, "very Present," Everything.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive