Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 14, 2014

"Eyewitnesses"

"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word."  (Luke 1:1, 2--NIV)

Everything you and I believe we received from, "eyewitnesses."  If people do not believe the Good News, Jesus Christ, they do not believe these, "eyewitnesses."  I was in seminary with some of these, "Did Jesus really say that?"  Or, "That is probably what they thought He said," or "They probably editorialized what He said," or, "What we have was written long after Jesus spoke; how do we know that is what He really said?" blah, blah, blah (excuse my unprofessional response).  I find it quite interesting that most people will accept the, "eyewitnesses," accounts of Jesus' crucifixion, but not the, "eyewitnesses," accounts of His resurrection.  This is based-on-the-believable history-acceptance. 

Our testimonies too are, "eyewitnesses."  Remember the old saying, "A man with an argument is no match for a man with experience."  You know, "O that; that went out with the First Century." Then why do I pray in tongues?  "Well," as John MacArthur would tell me, "you poor misguided soul, you are living in error."  Well, this "poor misguided soul" went into a phone booth in Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, just a few days after Christmas, 1969, after hearing the news that Stephen had a brain tumor, and for 5 hours all I could do is pray, not in, "my understanding" (because I had no understanding) but, "in the spirit."  As eyewitness, Paul, said, "For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful."  And I can tell you that my, "my mind is [still] unfruitful," when it comes to coping with what happened on that day so long ago---- and to this day in dealing with our loss.  

Our faith is based on the, "eyewitnesses," accounts of the Bible, our belief, trust that the Bible is the very Words of God.  If people do not believe this, they do not have faith, no matter what they may claim.  The Bible tells me, "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the Word of Christ," and, "the Word of Christ," has been communicated by, "eyewitnesses."
Continue to go forth, eyewitness.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for all the, "eyewitnesses," who have passed on to me-----
You.  Amen.
*********************
* Mission to Berlin and Bosnia, May 1-20
* Prophetic articles and commentary at:        jhs58.blogspot.com 

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive