Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Watch!"-- Does Not Mean 'Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay Watchin'"

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (Matthew 24:42) "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." (Matthew 25:13)

Mark 13 says, "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back-- whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawnIf he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleepingWhat I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'"  The word for, "watch," in these passages is not someone "sittin' on the dock of the bay watchin' the tide roll away....wastin' time."  The word means, "stay awake, be alert, be vigilant."  Webster gives "related words" as, "alive, aware, conscious, sensitive; heedful, observing, sharp-eyed, sleepless, wary, prepared."  I have never lived in such an hour as the present, an hour which is loudly demanding, "be 'sharp-eyed, sensitive, observing,' be 'prepared.'" 

I share with you what I observe in the, "God-Breathed," Word.  I write about what I observe of life, local, national and global; I cannot see a disconnect between the two.  Jesus' words were not just for the Jews, the religious, nor were they for the touchy-feely, nirvana-seeking of the world.  Jesus came, "to seek and to save that which was lost," and those who knew they were lost.  Jesus came, "to seek and to save," those who are the "seeking ones."  Jesus came to save you and me, to deliver you and me from the Evil One, and from the world system which had deceived and still does deceive so many "watch-less" humans.  "Watch!"-ful, and "observing, aware, sensitive; heedful, sharp-eyed" ones will be the victorious ones.   

Followers of Jesus Christ are not those who wear "rose-colored glasses;" we are not pollyannas.  We can look at life and see reality--------------- and still be victorious!  We can see in the Words of God promise and warning, promise to all who, "take heed," and warning to all who ignore.  Yet no matter how "bad" is the situation around us, you and I can walk in confident victory in Jesus Christ, while we, "Watch!"  Jesus Christ is Perfect Comfort, Perfect Peace.  We can "watch" things as they are in the world, and never be discouraged nor defeated.  While we, "Watch!" while we are "observing," we are also they who are, "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ...." 

Father, Jesus' Name, if I ever do not, "Watch!" please awaken me.  Amen.
************
Below is a confirmation of what I wrote yesterday.  Remember, Glick is an American Jew who made aliyah years ago, and is now an Israeli Citizen.
 

Blog Archive