Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 6, 2013

"One Thing I Have Desired"?

"One thing I have desired of the Lord, that will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."  (Psalm 27:4)

Every month when I read our text I ask the question, Is this the, "One thing I have desired of the Lord"?  You and I do not have, "the house of the Lord," as a building.  We do not have a temple building.  What we do have is, "your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you...?"  We have Jesus, "Christ in you," in you and me, in the Church, "which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

Where are you today, in an office, your house, a coffee shop with WiFi?  It really does not matter if you and I are in Jesus and He is in us.  Right here, right now with me and in me is our Lord Jesus Christ.  It is the most comforting reality of the universe.  Humanity desires many things, but for you and me there is only, "One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple." (KJV)

Father, in Jesus' Name, if this, "One thing," is not the reality in my life, help me make it so.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive