Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 15, 2013

One Reality For All Humanity


"Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails."
(Psalm 71:9)

.....and it will.  It is the process of life.  Of course, the older we get, the more our own failing strength appears.  What we are now experiencing with Sarah's Mom is another reminder. 

We prayed today's text for Sarah's Mom, and I can say that I have prayed it for years, knowing that I too was in the process of growing older.  Now some are probably thinking, "Well, I certainly don't need to be reminded of this!"  Why not?  It is reality, and reality always prepares us for reality; zoning out in some la la land does not.  Yet quite honestly, this is where far too much of modern Christendom lives.  Let's choose the Bible.  Let's choose the Word of God over the deceptive salesmen tactics of modern religionists. 

Jesus brings us Followers to the "real world" when He tells us, "And you will be hated by all for My name's sakeBut he who endures to the end will be saved."  The Word of God tells us, "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution," and, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness....No, I will not leave, no, nor forsake thee" (from Young's Literal Translation).  For every "negative" in life of which our Lord reminds us, there is His corresponding, "positive" reassurance.  No one prepares and sustains you and me for and in life as does Jesus Christ, "The Word of God."  When you and I walk in Jesus Christ as a People of His Words, we need never doubt our preparedness and readiness for whatever comes our way.  The next time you read Heb. 11, keep these thoughts in mind.       

So today, face it.  Face what? you may say.  Face life, "the good, the bad, the ugly," because we can in Him Who "faced" it all for us, who took our sins, our sicknesses, our griefs, our sorrows, our pains, "in His Own Body on the Tree," our Lord Jesus Christ, "who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification," Jesus, Who prepares you and me for the entire journey of this pilgrimage.

Father, in Jesus' Name, Holy Spirit, I thank You for keeping Your Words ever before me and in me.  Without Them/You I would be, "of all men most miserable."  In Them/You, I am most blessed.  Amen.
******************
* We highly recommend a read of our latest articles at: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com
* We are considering doing what we did after the North Korea Mission after we return from Berlin and Jerusalem, perhaps gathering in the same venue for an update, photos, questions.  If you are interested, let us know.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive