Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 9, 2013

"....Enter The Holiest By The Blood of Jesus"

"Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near...."  (Hebrews 10:19-22a, from one of today's reading)

Hebrews 10:5 reveals that Jesus says to our Father, "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You have prepared for Me."  Jesus says in John 6:54, "Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."  When my Dad was in seminary, some of his contemporaries called it "slaughterhouse religion."  As repulsive as this may be to sophisticated humanity, our, "access...into this grace in which we stand," is in the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.  I simply enter into acceptance and fellowship in the Living Triune God no other way.

If anyone's boldness is anyone or anything other than Jesus Christ and His Most Precious Body and Blood, it is not only a misplaced boldness, but also a boldness which will be severely judged.  I, "enter the Holiest (aka, "Holiest of all,"--"Holy of Holies" -- "Most Holy") by the blood of Jesus...."  I live in the Body and Blood of Jesus.  I overcome in the Body and Blood of Jesus.  I am saved, healed, delivered, on my way to Heaven only in the Body and Blood of Jesus. 

            "Come into the Holy of Holies
            Enter by the Blood of the Lamb
            Come into His presence with singing
            Worship at the throne of God
            Lifting holy hands
            To the King of kings
            Worship Jesus"                        

Father, in Jesus' Name, I embrace You in the Body and Blood of Jesus.  Amen. 
**********************
* Planning a DC Mission when the Congress is back in session in September.
* Fall Mission Date Update: October 27-November 23

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive