Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"A Warrior Who Saves"

"The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One ("a Warrior Who saves"), will save; He will rejoice over you with gladnessHe will quiet you ("renew in you") with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

The phrase translated, "in your midst," may also be translated, "inward part."  There is some indication in Biblical Theology that only in Jesus does the Godhead come to live in our, "inward part."  Before Jesus, it was a, "with me," or, "in your midst," relationship.  Regardless of the debate over this, I am so very thankful that in Jesus Christ the Living Triune God has taken residence in me.!

I saw a Christian site today which said, "Jesus is close to you."  Okay, I'm glad, but that is simply not enough for me.  I do not like an external religion; it does not help me.  Only Jesus in me is my salvation, the power for living, the power to serve, the power to walk in His purposes.  I cannot just follow, though Jesus does demand that we follow Him.  But if it is merely a "following," a "what-would-Jesus-do," a, "Thou art with me,"  I'm a goner.  I cannot live a religion with Jesus as my Example.  I can only live with Jesus as my Life, my Truth, "my Light and my Salvation."  Only then can I ask the rhetorical question with the psalmist, "Whom shall
I fear?"  Now, of course, I am not denying, "the Words of God," which use proximity phrases.  I am thankful for any "position" I have with, or following, or, "Looking unto Jesus."  But it is precisely at the point of Jesus' entrance into my very being that I experience what the Bible declares, "For the word of the cross is...to us...the power of God."

I personally need Jesus
in me, reigning, directing, in other words, living the Divine Life of the Godhead in and through me.  Why would anyone one want some religion which does not offer this?!?  I encourage you to live the rest of this day rejoicing in our Lord Jesus Christ Who dwells in the, "inward part."  Jesus alone is, "the Warrior Who saves," Jesus is even now rejoicing, "over you with gladness."  Jesus alone can, "quiet you ('renew in you') with His love."  Join His song!


Father, in Jesus' Name, I can never thank You enough for the, "Christ in you," relationship.  Whatever I need to understand to help appreciate this more, I ask for today.  Amen.
*************************


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive