Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, May 10, 2013

"Once, At Once, Once For All"

"'Behold, I have come to do your will'....And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering the body of Jesus Christ once for all....When Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God....For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified....'I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.'" (From Hebrews 10, ESV)

I think our Holy Spirit wants us to know that when we speak of "the finished work of Jesus Christ," it means just that, "It is finished," and, "It is finished...once for all," and, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more."

The Greek phrase translated, "once for all," can also mean, "once, at once."  It is accurate Biblical Theology to say that Jesus saved you and me, "at once."  When our Lord Jesus Christ cried, "It is finished," from His Cross, it was finished.  As the hymn declares, "'Tis done, the great transaction's done; I am my Lord's, and He is mine."  When Jesus cried out, "It is finished," we can say, "at once," our salvation was secured, done, "at once," and, "once for all."


Our text tells us that what Jesus did at the Cross, was the will of the Godhead, "and by that will," you and I now are, "faultless to stand before His throne."  Consider our text, and when the enemy comes with his usual condemnation, just remind him and yourself, "It was God's will to bring me into His Family, to save me from sin, "at once, once, once for all."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I cannot thank You enough for, "so great a salvation."  Amen.


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive