Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, October 22, 2012

Who In Your Life Determines "How The Sporting Field Is Measured"?

"We have sinned with our fathers, we have committed iniquity, we have done wickedlyOur fathers...did not understand Your wonders; they did not remember the multitude of Your mercies, but rebelled...."  (From Psalm 106:6, 7)

In the mid 1930's, Hitler made plans for a stadium which was supposed to be the largest in the world.  When Speer approached him at one point in the planning, he informed Hitler "that the measurements of 'his' playing fields did not match official Olympic dimensions.  But Hitler was unconcerned and retorted: 'That's totally unimportant.  The 1940 Olympics will be taking place in Tokyo.  But after that they will be held for all eternity in Germany-- and in this stadium.  And it is we who will determine how the sporting field is measured.'"
  Such arrogance and triumphant thinking is in most Americans of recent generations.  Before 1963, all teachers read the Bible every day, and all children in America listened to the Bible every day.  But, America "grew up," got passed ancient "mythology," and decided that, "it is we who will determine how the sporting field is measured."  Do not think for a moment that such arrogance will not meet the same end as Germany. 

You and I, my friend, are not of such as long as we, "remember the multitude of Your mercies."  As we walk in Jesus Christ and He in us, as we feed on Him, which I interpret largely as reading and obeying His Words, we will survive those things which are surely coming upon the Earth.  Jesus said, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  Overcoming power and victory is not in me; it is in Jesus Christ; and as long as, and only as long as, I am in Him and, "[His] words abide in me," I will continue to overcome.

The arrogance of America and the nations is just increasing.  I have heard that so-called Christians are still vacilating as to whom they will vote for in the coming elections; they would not be if the Word of God ruled in their heart rather than "it is we who will determine how the sporting field is measured."  Yet you an I do not have to partake of the sin of any nation.  The challenges and battles will be many, but staying true to Jesus and His Words will bring us "the inevitable victory, so help us God."  All around us today are the forces of, "it is we who will determine...."  As long as in you and me is the life style of, "nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done," we will endure and overcome, "to the end."

Father, in Jesus' Name, in the midst of an arrogant specie, I deeply throw myself at Your Feet.  I pray I only submit to you to "determine how the sporting field is measured."  Amen.
*********************


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive