Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven Years Later--"Your Testimonies," Still Has Answers

"Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever, for they are the rejoicing of my heart." (Ps. 119:111)

I take, "The Word of God," King Jesus, as my, "heritage forever," because He has taken me forever.  By His Blood, our Lord Jesus Christ, as the hymn declares, "purchased my salvation on Calv'ry's tree."  And I want to constantly affirm that His "breathed" words are synonymous with His Person; there is no separating One from the Other.  Jesus and the Breath of His Words Is my, "heritage forever," for many reasons.  By breathing His Words into me so long ago, He took a heart full of sadness and despair, "and put a new song in my mouth."  In the midst of suffering, Jesus and His Words became, as I had not know Him before, "the rejoicing of my heart."

This is September 11, 2012.  Eleven years ago, the reality of Islam reared its very ugly face, and its purpose, from its founding over 1500 years ago, its declared war on the Jews and Western Civilization, which would centuries later include a "newcomer on the block," a nation and people group which would be the first to recognize the newly form Nation of Israel, the nation which would prove to be Israel's strongest ally, and the nation which would come to personify to Islamists the world over, "the Great Satan," that purpose has not changed one iota.  I have sent to you and posted to our Blog two excellent articles which help, in some degree, to understand just what was and is behind the Arab/Islamic World's hatred and continual warfare against "the infidels"-------- and the very pathetic response by governments around the world.  The present American Administration has pulled troops out of Iraq and pledges to lead NATO out of Afghanistan within two years.  The poor pathetic bureaucrats do not realize that this war is over 1500 years old, and will continue until the Second Appearing of King Jesus to put a stop to all of this.  To stop now is to admit defeat, or even worse, a sympathy with Islam's war of global takeover, which was once stopped at the "gates of Vienna," but is now in a resurgence not equaled in its past.  Do not think the statement, "sympathy with Islam[]" as absurd.

Sun Tzu, a Chinese "high ranking general" in the 6th Century BC, once said, "If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."  Most world leaders have little knowledge of or concern for world history.  If they did, their policies would be very different.  America is leading the pack in this neglect.  Because of this blindness to history, and because of the proverbial "political correctness," America knows "neither the enemy nor [it]self."  America has lost its identity, its Christ-Given purpose for its founding in the first place.  And because of this, the nation which attempted to exclude Jesus Christ from its "public" school system, the nation which within just a few short years of that decision lost its first war, the nation which has killed more human beings than Hitler and Stalin combined, has become more than ever a confused nation.  I say with the Ancient Greek maxim, America "know thyself."  The Suda, "a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek knowledge, says: 'the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are, and that 'know thyself' is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.'"

I, therefore, conclude with Paul's admonition to Timothy, "Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence."  Wait a minute, are you saying that if we just pray right, "we may lead a quite and peaceable life...?"  I don't know; am I?

Father, in Jesus' Name, only You can help me to know "the enemy [and] myself."  That is why I am devoted to You and, "Your testimonies," and that is why I have a, "rejoicing...heart."  Amen.
***************
* Read, "Eleven Years of the Same Mistake":  www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com
* CONFERENCE PRAYER CALL WEDNESDAY, 9/12, @ 19:00
* Be Sure to Visit Us On "Facebook"


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive