Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Conclusion of Psalm 119 Study

"Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your judgments help me."  (Psalm 119:175)

I received this article this morning from a person in the Middle East: "In my Middle Eastern reality, there are tens of thousands of mosques that demonize and curse Jews on a daily basis....In our region, people hate one another, fight with one another, and disagree about everything, except their common hatred of Jews and Christians.  In our region, heads of state proclaim that the total annihilation of Israel is their goal....In our region, the hatred against Jews has taken the shape of artistic, cultural and political festivals.  In our region, they deny the Holocaust happened even though there are thousands of eye witnesses who are still alive today, while those who admit that it did happen say that Hitler's only mistake was that he did not manage to get rid of every single Jew in the world.  In our region, Jews have been spared only because their opponents lack the ability to eradicate them.  In brief, our region is infected with a curse of excessive hatred and violence, which is increasing exponentially and is about to be unleashed on the world."  Anyone living in the Middle East would be well advised to pray Psalm 119;  the hatred will only increase.  Yet I can say with confidence, the People of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom will increase also, "Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might." 

I close our study in Psalm 119 with our text.  The whole psalm is a prayer and covenant, a prayer, supplication, and declaration.  I cannot recommend strongly enough a regular reading/praying of this powerful Word; it reveals Covenantal provision in the Living Triune God.  Perhaps we could say that our text is an excellent summary of Psalm 119 as well as one of the greatest prayers anyone could ever utter, "....let Your judgments (Words) help me."  Whatever you and I face today in our health, our finances, our family, or countries, whatever the gathering storm of the close of the Age may bring, "Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your judgments help me"---------- and you!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I never need worry about just the right prayer for the moment, for, "Your judgments help me."  Amen.
******************
* Be sure to check us out on Facebook
* Please be praying for me as I prepare for and participate in "David's Tent," September 24-October 1.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive