Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 30, 2012

"....Forever and ever....For ever and ever"

"I will extol Thee, my God, O King; and I will bless Thy name for ever and ever." (Psalm 145:1)

Verse two also says, "For ever and ever."  This is not just a present age declaration.  "I will bless Thy name for ever and ever....Every day will I bless Thee; and I will praise Thy name for ever and ever."  Then we read that the Lord is great; He is, "unsearchable," greatness; His acts are, "mighty"; His, "majesty [is] glorious honor".
 
I have attempted to preach on this my "favorite" Psalm over the years and just felt so very inadequate.  I guess I really feel the same about all Scripture; what can I really add to this?  But we do.  We are called and privileged to, as verses six and seven say, "....speak of the might of Thy awesome acts: and I will declare Thy greatness.  They shall abundantly utter the memory of Thy great goodness, and shall sing of Thy righteousness."  What privilege to speak of, "the glorious honor of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous works,..Thy...goodness,..Thy righteousness," that our Lord Jesus Christ, "Is gracious and full of compassion; slow to anger and of great mercy", that our Living Triune God, "is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His works."  What else can I do, but join, "All Thy works," to, "praise Thee...and Thy saints," to, "bless Thee-- speak of the glory of Thy Kingdom, and talk of Thy power-- make known to the sons of men His mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of His Kingdom.  Thy Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom ('Kingdom of all ages') and Thy dominion endures throughout all generations.  The LORD Jesus Christ upholds all that fall, and raises up all those that be bowed down."  Okay, you can take it from here.

Father, in Jesus' Name, help me to, "declare Thy greatness."  Amen.
************************
Excellent Article on the history on diplomatic deception
 in the last century: www.jerberwash.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group:     www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
We now have  $1150.oo for the roof, and a commitment of another $500.00

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive