Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, February 10, 2012

"Therefore,..Even Though"

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.  Therefore...." (Psalm 46)

There are four "even though's" to follow in the text.  It is a given that if, "God is our refuge and strength," then whatever follows the, "Therefore," is only dependent on Him Being, "our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  Yes, "Therefore," there will be trouble, and many "even though[s]," we all have accumulated in our life time.  But the Holy Spirit keeps taking us back to the Subject line, "God is our refuge and strength."

Jesus stood on Planet Earth over 2000 years ago and made, what was to most, outlandish claims.  "I Am................"  Every, "I Am," claim of Jesus Christ reinforces our text today.  "I am the Bread of Life....I Am from Him....I Am He....Before Abraham was, I AM....I am the Light of the world.  He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life....I am the Door....I am the Good Shepherd....I Am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  and whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.  Believest thou this?"!!??

Now, you can have all the, "Therefore," and, "even though," the world and Satan can throw at you.  "Therefore we will not fear," as MLK declared, "any man or anything.  'Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.'"

Father, in Jesus' Name, You are greater than any, "Therefore," and, "even though," life can threaten.  Amen.
*****************
Muslims Murdering Christians: www.jerberwash.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
Revisit Prophetic Video: www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
   
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive