Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

There Are Just No Words Like His WORDS

"Revive me, O LORD, for Your name's sake!" (Psalm 143:11a)

Who could not pray this every day?  It is a great "cleansing" prayer. 

I pray the Bible because, frankly, there are just no better prayers.  Now some might say that we should make our, "requests known."  That is exactly right, and no prayers make my, "requests known," no prayers offer greater praise, no prayers express the deepest longings and deepest needs than the prayers of the Bible.  Psalm 143 is one of those prayers.  For example, I just pray verses 1, 2, 6, 7-12 verbatim.  By the way, when I pray about, "my enemies," I just pray the Words of God so that I do not pray personal vindictive prayers.  I do the same when praying for our country, Israel, and the nations.  When a person prays the Bible, they are praying the will of God.  As an old commercial said, "no runs, no drips, no errors."  I may not fully understand what I am praying, but I do know they are the very, "Words of God," Words issuing from Father, from Him Who Is, "The Word of God," Jesus Christ, to and through me in the Holy Spirit. 

I shall never forget what happened to me once during our one year mission in Berlin.  I was sitting in a coffee shop in the very center of Berlin, just a short distance from the famous "Check Point Charlie."  I was praying Bible prayers which I had written out, no head bowed, no eyes closed, no audible expression, just giving expression to those prayers in my heart, spirit, mind.   The words of Eric Liddell at one point came to me, "When I run, I feel His pleasure."  What a great work! 

Of course we do not read the Bible only for our prayers, but I do find that when I am reading or listening to the Bible, prayers for myself, my family, local church, friends, country, the nations just come.  If you pray for me on the coming Israel Mission, I commend the prayer I mentioned the other day from Colossians 4 and Psalm 143.  In your reading you will come across prayers the Spirit will give you.

Father, in Jesus' Name, there are just no words like Your Words.  Amen.
***********************
Read of UN's "Day...Against the Jews": www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached Peoples of the Day:                www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive