Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, November 21, 2011

"Holy Caution"

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fearFor our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12: 28, 29)

One of the meanings of the phrase translated, "godly fear," is, "Holy caution."  I really, really like that.  Is this how you and I, "serve God"?  Do we pray, read the Scriptures, witness, work in our vocations, relate with our families, friends, neighbors, government, preach, do mission work, in short, all things with, "Holy caution?"  This is how the "faith people" of Hebrews so lived.     

There is great comfort and confidence today in knowing, "we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken," and, "we have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably," in, "the [unshakable] Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ."  I need to walk in that, "grace," however, availing myself of what Wesley called "The means of grace," e.g., abiding in Christ Jesus, His Words, praying in my spirit in the Holy Spirit, continually and consciously under the Blood of Jesus, manifesting the love of Jesus Christ to all mankind.  I pray today that you and I learn more and more in the Holy Spirit what is true, "Holy Caution."

Father, in Jesus' Name, forgive me for any moments of [un]holy caution.  Amen.
**************
Read of Obama Administration Warning to Israel: www.apf327.blogspot.com
Unreached People of the Day: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive