Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The "How-To" of The Presence

"For Christ has...entered...heaven itself...to appear in the presence of God for us...." (Hebrews 9:24)

It can only be that, "Christ has...entered...heaven...;" no one else could do that.  And because, "Christ has... entered," I have, "entered"----------- with Him, in Him, in Father.

I was "counseling" with a person once who said, "I'm not good enough."  I said, "That's right; no one is."  Never affirm a person as "good" if all they want is to hear, "Of course you are."  Just "affirming" people will only affirm them in their self sufficiency and rebellion, aka, pride.  Talk which keeps telling people how basically good they are, how they should stop feeling bad about themselves, is an attempt of the Enemy of man's soul to bypass the Cross and Blood of Jesus Christ.  Feeling bad about oneself is the first step to Biblical repentance. 

Yet the number one prayer concern for so many today is, "I just want to feel good about myself."  We should not.  "Myself" apart from Jesus Christ was nothing but a self on its way to Hell.  If you or I feel good about anything in us apart from Jesus Christ, it is a self-centered "feel good," pride.  "For we are the circumcision, who... rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh...."  

Our text tells us that Jesus is the only way to, "enter[]...Heaven itself,..to appear in the presence of God...."  Prayer, worship, good deeds, nice personhood do not bring us into, "the Presence"; only Jesus has done that.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that in reality there is nothing I can feel good about in myself.  It leaves me with nothing to "feel good about" but You!  Amen.
***************
News, Commentary at: www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive