Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, September 23, 2011

"Just Think How Great He Was"

"Just think how great He was (when He appeared to Abraham)....Such a high priest truly meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens....He sacrificed for their sins once for all when He offered Himself." (Hebrews 7:26, 27b-NIV)

My purpose in this Hebrews study is not to do some "in depth" study of the book.  There are a number of good works which do that.  These are "devotional" thoughts.
 
"Just think how great He Was."  What our text then says of Jesus is the objective Father has for you and me, all humanity.  If I had a dime for every time I have heard leaders say in meetings, "He is here to meet your need," I would be a very rich man.  But have you ever heard that the "need" Father purposes to "meet" in your life is to be, "holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners..."?  Yet this "need" is exactly what Jesus accomplished for you and me at the Cross.  In His Precious Blood, Jesus made us, "holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners."  Man lost this in the Garden.  He can have it again in the Cross of Jesus Christ. 

Father's purpose is to conform us to the image of Jesus Christ.  Man's great need is not finances, great marriages, doing great things.  Our great need is to be conformed to and in Jesus Christ, "One who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners...."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that I don't know what my needs are.  Thank You for telling me.  Amen.
*************
Now Watching Abbas' Speech at UN
New Articles at: www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive