Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I Removed the Burden From Their Shoulders"

"When God went out against Egypt, he established it as a statute for Joseph.  I heard an unknown voice say: 'I removed the burden from their shoulders; their hands were set free from the basket." (Psalm 81:5, 6-NIV) 

"God went out against Egypt," on behalf of His Covenant People.  In Psalm 83:12, I read of nations who said, "Let us take possession of the pasture lands of God."  Won't work.  "When God went out against Egypt," He was demonstrating a Kingdom Principle.  In Daniel we read that Heaven's Messenger said to the young prime minister, "Do you know why I have come to youSoon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia (modern Iran), and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of TruthNo one supports me against them except Michael, your prince."

What we have here is the Declaration of, "the Great God and Savior," the, "King of kings, and Lord of lords," the very, "Word of God," Our Warrior /Shepherd/Savior/King Jesus, to the nations of humanity that no matter the Empire, Egypt, Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece, Rome, Byzantine, Ottoman, Russia, Germany, the United States of America, "I am He who, 'went out against Egypt,' and I have been going, 'out against,' all who attempt to usurp My Rule in the Earth."

As Bunyan described, you and I are Pilgrims in progress.  We are on a short journey here, a journey under the Reign of King Jesus.  We are a part of His Eternal Kingdom, now a Kingdom in war, but some day soon, "The kingdom of this world will become of our Lord and of His Christ" (literal translation).  It will all be over for evil empires, and the Dawn of Eternity will arise------- and you and I with Him.  Whatever you see around you today shrinks into insignificance in comparison with, "In Jesus was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it," literally, "seize tight hold of, arrest, catch, capture appropriate, overtake"----------- and never will.  Jesus reigns!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I rejoice today with my fellow pilgrim.  Amen.
*********************
Please pray, as the Holy Spirit leads you, for the son of a friend in Romania

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive